Whats with all the Transam posts

billybigrig:
Kindle doesn’t work for you lot anymore then :open_mouth:

Been the longest job he’s had aint it ■■ You get bored Kindle ■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i had the best 2 years of my working carreer there, never got bored mate, just happened to meet a woman near where i live and ended up getting married, as great as the job is it wouldnt be the best thing to get married one day then bugger off on tour for 6 months, so i finished.

As has been said before a lot of the trucks arent in the best of condition to look at (the Space Cabs especially, with their rusting bumpers etc) but the new 105 Dafs look OK, granted theyre nothing special, but they do make a change from a plain white motor with a couple of stickers on them (which is what i will be driving next week :blush: ),
I think the reason TransAm generate interest on this site is as euromat said, people see a truck and wonder if it was me or him (as we have put a lot of posts on here so we are quite well known here by our usernames… a lot of people put a post up saying ‘so and so’ was that you i saw last night on the M6-M1 etc), and when Mat or i did diaries, they do get a lot of hits as people know we travel all over Europe and beyond, which not a lot of people get to do nowadays, so people like to see the views in the photos etc, there is a lot of people on here who have never driven a truck abroad and wonder what it is like, well they get a bit of an insight into that. E.G how many people do you see on here saying ive been to Moscow 2 or 3 times this year and here are some photos (mat) or im driving to Istanbul the long way round and here are some pics (me). Not a lot!!
The places they go bring all challenges, customs if you leave Europe, (one example, i was doing a one truck tour with Whitesnake, leaving Bulgaria to go into Turkey, the captain in the Bulgarian customs wanted 2 tee-shirts, behind him was a big sign warning that bribery and gifts would lead to imprisonment, what should i do■■? in the end i thought sod it, went and got him 2 tee-shirts and a guitar plectrum and he was happy as larry, customs took 5 mins to complete you dont get that kind of buzz when you deliver to Tesco ) and the views most of the time are spectacular, you make good friends with the tour crew, and can have a bloody good craic, or you can just sit in your truck doing nothing, you dont have to join in.
So yeah, maybe the trucks arent nothing special, but people on here like to see the photos and diaries, as its something they prob will never end up doing themselves, and it makes a change to seeing diaries about going up and down the M6 A1 etc. Its just a bit different to what everyone else does really. And working there is an adventure, especially if you are doing a 1 truck tour, its not a Groundhog day scenario either, you get to spend a day or 2 in each city you visit so you get time to do the tourist bit, you dont just sit in your truck doing nothing but wait for the gig to finish, you can watch each show as often or as little as you like,
I have never had one single run in or gripe with the people in the office or the drivers, they are the nicest bunch of people i have worked for, and if my marraige ended up going ■■■■ up i would be back there like a shot.