My Training Diary...Now Passed! YAY!

24th August

The Day of Days!

Well today see’s me go for the test for my cat C at Swynnerton and to be honest I spent most of the night awake with just about everything going thru my head…I need to approach slowly on that corner…wait for it to clear before going…best to wait and give away a minor rather than cut someone up…

Soon I’m back awake, check the clock…3:27am…crikey! I then try but ultimately don’t succeed in getting any sleep.
Finally alarm goes off and I’m quickly down getting some brekkie. And more importantly I’m tucking into the even welcome Jaffa Cakes (I could actually survive on this for the rest of my life after this week). The rest of the morning goes into a blur after this. After spending all week trying NOT to think about today, over the past 24hrs I have done nothing else but think about it!
A quick drive from Hednesford to the outskirts of Stafford goes great! Apparently I would have had no minors…after this it goes downhill. It was up to me what we did this morning before test, so after thinking about it there is only the one corner in my head (come out of test centre turn right and right again) so we attempt it and shock shock horror everything is great…bonus!! Continue up to Stone then the proverbial hits the fan, kerb it everywhere, no indications, wrong gear, racing the gear…hell I even stalled it!!
Arrive back at the test centre wondering what the hell I have coming to me, not the feeling I wanted going into test.
Now the rest goes like a serious blur and the hour of driving seems like 10mins in reflection. I arrive back at test to be told to park up on the left…switch off engine when I’m ready.

CONGRATULATIONS I’M PLEASED TO TELL YOU, YOU HAVE PASSED!!

Woohoooo!! I’m now smiling from ear to ear, and even as I write this up the smile hasn’t budged one millimetre!!
May I take this time to thank Ken who has been a legend all week, in keeping me both sane and relaxed. Grants of Cannock I would recommend to anyone hoping to do their C or C+E!!
Right now I’m off to get some shut eye!

Hope this diary has been useful for someone and many thanks to everyone who has either posted and /or read it!