George Davies

Blissy:
I worked out of Warley depot for about 18 months in the early 80s before being made redundant…i then progressed to the heady heights of Mair Transport at Tilbury.
The yard at Warley was shared with CP Ships who were running MAN s and Scanias if I remember rightly.
Drivers I can remember were
Curly
Lenny Lines
Stevie Paulton ?
Kenny Hipgrave
Henry
Tony Bones (CGM Contract) He was the main man as he was one of the few who had a sleeper cab :laughing:
Ace (cant remember his real name)He was on ACT contract
Kenny Vaughn…cant think of any more

Cant think of his surname but pretty sure the shop steward was a guy called Keith
I also cannot for the life of me think what the TMs name was

I went to the Bootle depot a few times…I remember that a driver from there killed a young kid in Liverpool…he was selling papers to the passing drivers and stepped into a gap between the diesel tank and the back wheels of the unit…the driver didnt see him and ran him over…cant remember the guys name.
I used to go to the Rugby depot and as we didnt have sleepers in the 1626s we used to get B & B at the Sleepy Sausage cafe just down the road.
All I can remember about the Leeds depot was that the Container lift driver was a proper miserable [zb] :laughing:

hiya blissy,tm’s name was dave jolley.also in the office was micky liddle and paul sullivan.ace was mick smith and the s/steward kieth jones.im on your list 3rd one down so who are you?? some other drivers then were jon dove,bob and roy summers,russ bland, mick lake,terry myers,johnny edwards
cheers steve.