My Training Diary...Now Passed! YAY!

23rd August

The Day of the Mock Test.

Today see’s me arrive an hour later at the training yard (on time) and to be honest I’m pleased with the extra hour in bed. I arrive kind of refreshed and more awake than normal, however with one little problem…I forgot the Jaffa Cakes…NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! How could I forget them??
After filling out the tacho, we get under way thru Colwich, Sandon and get up to the outskirts of Stafford before heading over to the reverse pad. A quick couple of practices on both the reverse and braking and soon we are on mock test.
Thankfully we incorporate the corner which I fell down on yesterday and…I’m pleased to report that after changing my approach, I go round without any doubt of kerbing it. YAYYYYY!!! A little after 70-80mins later and we pull up to signal the end of the test…8 minors. In my view, if I was marking myself, it would have been extremely lucky if I would have passed. Maybe that’s just me being a perfectionist.
Tomorrow is THE day of days. I’ve been learning all the ropes and experienced everything that could come up on test and in working life. It’s now up to me to be patient and apply all that I have learnt and put it into that hour slot. Here’s hoping for the best eh?

Until next time folks…