22nd August

The Day of the Kerb.

Numerous times I’ve read on this forum that it normally goes
1st day :arrow_right: learning the ropes
2nd day :arrow_right: learning DSA standards
3rd day :arrow_right: the proverbeal hits the fan
4th day :arrow_right: back to great driving
5th / Test day :arrow_right: everything is bang on

So with this thought I go to the lesson this morning and I’m pleased to say everything goes well… I’m shocked. Those tight turns where I screwed up on Wednesday morning are now so simple. The tight roads see me adopt a posistion in the middle of the road and come back when something larger comes and even stop a few times simply because it appeared extremely tight. Everything goes to plan.
Now the only down side to the day was on the way back. Coming along one of the test routes see’s me brush a kerb on a tight left hand corner…F***!! That really put me in a bad mood about the whole day to be honest. I know that on test I’m looking at a failure even thou everything else on the drive was so good.
Tomorrow we are going from base up to the reverse pad just to run thru that and the controlled stop and then an extended mock test, which will incorparate ‘’THAT’’ corner.
Been thinking on the way home, and I need to change my approach to it. Instead of thinking of ‘going and stopping if required’ I think I need to approach it more as ‘I will have to stop unless I can go’ if that makes sense? Hope it does cos after a while it doesnt in my head LOL LOL.
Time to step up tomorrow and put it right especially on THAT corner. Whats the betting I wont go on that route for test?

Until next time folks…