Italy help at any time

Archie Paice:
Hullo littleman,
I’ve not been to Italy for many years now, althought my Son has lived there for 15 years now, since I decided to sell up. I know not a thing about euro 2/3/4 engines, but what I would say to you is if you are going to Rimini in a rigid bodied Scania, stay away from the passes. as it will just be a ball ache traversing the tight corners. I personally would elect to drive straighgt down through France, enter via Ventiglimelia and drive across to Rimini. Steady driving all the way, most of it on Autoroutes, easy. If you are moving furniture I assume you have priced up the job anyway, so what did you use as a basis for that ? I wonder. We only used to use all these passes to save our Permit allocation, nowdays nobody has to worry about that. Take it easy, drive steady and save money. Good luck on your trip.
Cheers, Archie

Hi Archie thanks for the advise,i am back from italy now and believe it or not i took a chance with the tunnel and they let me through on a euro4 tarriff when my motor was euro0,just lucky i guess right time right day,many thanks again. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: