Ancliff Tankers Manchester

Stanfield:
Hi KW
Ken Cleaver,now theirs a name from the past,he came to work for us at Sadlers Oldham depot for a while in the late 80s when Larry Gilsenan was the transport manager.First met Ken down in felixstowe when myself and LG went down there on bussiness and met up with him for a night on the beer(what a night that was) a top bloke Ken R.I.P

Ken was a real nice bloke,but boy did he like his booze.He lost his licence for a while,which must have been around the mid 80’s,and when he got it back Ancliff’s wouldn’t take him back on,so he started driving containers for OOCL (OOCL had a few trucks of their own at the time) and as I was also on the OOCL contract,though driving for Goodways,Ken and I used to have the odd night out together.
One morning we woke up in Baldock after a heavy night,and he produced a bottle of whisky from under his bed and took a couple of good slugs,“Ah!,breakfast” he said.

He’d lived in Felixstowe for as long as I can remember,but was originally from Dewsbury,where apparently,his wife still lived.

He lived with another famous Felixstowe ■■■■-head for a while,Bert Seymour,and the two of them could usually be found in the Routemaster most nights.

I could tell a few stories about Bert Seymour. :wink: