I've quit

Just to let you know I’ve quit smoking for good. Today is day 10, and I don’t feel to bad. Last Wednesday I felt was the worst day, the cravings felt really bad, but as the days have gone on I’m begining to feel better.

I still have days when I really want one, but then there are days when I don’t even think about it. They outweigh the days when I really want to smoke, and I am so pleased to have got this far.

Congrats SamB, and i dont mean to wee on your fire, but in my experience week 3 off the smokes was the worst. I went back on them very foolishly, but on my second attempt i knew what to expect and this actually encouraged the will power to do it and i successfully stopped. then 6 months after that i had a family crisis which was bad and went back on them and still am as i write this post and flick the ash.

If you have the will power, you will do it and good luck with your mission to become a non-smoker.

regards

kev

All the best Sam i am in my 2nd year of being “clean” but i have become a fat ■■■■■■■ in that time i put on 2 stone since i stopped, i am going to use the willpower i used to stop the weed next January to lose some weight and the biggest problem i will have is my 2nd love the pizza but i think i can do that .

Its funny but i was in the pub tonight and i lit a ■■■ for a mate and i didnt think i wanted another drag all i thought was how disgusting i smelt.

Good luck.

I second that Samb… Well done girl, keep it up… :smiley: :smiley:

I am like Kev. Being a heavy smoker, I was well chuffed to give up for six months… had a row with the (Now) Ex, and started again :unamused: … gave up again for two months, then hit a low point :cry: … visits to the docs and everything, and hence, started again…
But after xmas… New years resolution, I’ll have a new Job, new girl :unamused: …(hahahah.we’ll see!!)… and a whole new outlook on life :smiley: , so I’ll be back on the Zyban, and quitting once and for all… :wink:

So keep up the good work Samb… you can do it girl…

Well done Samb,its very hard to begin with but it really does get easier each day.I gave up two years ago,my misses braught a paperback book from a charity shop,Dr Miriam Stoppard,I can’t remember the title but I think she paid 50p.for it.I read it from cover to cover,instad of all the medical waffle it mentioned every reason I smoked and every time I tried to stop every reason for starting again.I had made every excuse in the book,I decided to put into practice what the main idea of the book was about,that is to"choose not to smoke today"Don’t tell yourself your giving up smoking or drinking or whatever,if you do that you feel as though your are depriving yourself,just take one day at a time,choosing not to smoke/drink ect.
I wish you luck and hope this post has’nt bored you into lighting-up.I know theres nothing more righteous than a reformed anything.Regards Jamie.

Way to go … every day you stop is a day of success

I’ve given up load of times, so I’m an expert at it. :laughing: