Dangerous goods advice- UK regs and ADR

delboytwo:
Hi Dave i have move this to here OK

form i have a trivia question as its about ADR

yes mate looks good,

Yes Del, You can post a good question here, cos it’s your party anyway. :grimacing:

delboytwo:
would that make the ADR course less as now only one form to deal with

'Fraid not Del, there has always been more than one form that you have to learn about on the ADR course.

1. Instructions In Writing (Used to be called a ‘Tremcard.’)
  2. Transport document
  3. Multi-modal forms, such as DGNs
  4. Forms for the carriage of wastes, including dangerous wastes
  5. International forms and other paperwork, such as TIR and CMR

delboytwo:
try to explain at the mo the full ADR is 5 days how much time in the course was about tremcards

would that be the same now or is the ADR training course up for review

The ADR course has been reviewed by the DfT and SQA.
There are some changes, but nothing really significant.
BTW, the tanker part is 1.5 days as a stand-alone module. An ADR course looks like it’s 5-days, but in reality, it’s 3.5-days + a separate 1.5-days that just happen to be tacked together by most providers. Many is the time when (on a thursday lunchtime) some of the guys leave the class and some new guys turn up to do the tanker module.

delboytwo:
also have you heard of what will be involved in the ADR course for the one’s that can be for the driver cpc the 21 hour one, or is it just the time of 21 hours would be counted

It’s just that you’d get 21 hours credited towards your periodic driver CPC just because you’d attended the standard ADR course, but only if the ADR provider is ALSO a registered and approved driver CPC provider.

:bulb: If you read the rest of this sticky, it might just save you typing questions that I’ve already answered for other members. :wink:

There’s also a post about the driver CPC that a few of us put together :arrow_right: HERE

I hope that helps. :smiley: