Cumbria companies

Further to my post Yesterday, and my comments about the Hudson,s Breakdown vehicle, HSU 364 pictured above. Here,s some up-to-date info from a man who drove it,at Hudson,s; and in his own words.

This vehicle is an AEC Mammoth Major.MkV. I believe that it was first owned by Russell of Bathgate. It then passed to Nelsons of Arnside. Hudsons bought it off Nelsons, and converted it for Recovery Work, in the 1970,s.The cab was replaced with a Leyland cab, in the early 1980,s It does not have it,s original registration number,which got" lost" when Hudsons first used it on Trade Plates. It is now owned by a former Hudson,s employee, living in ■■■■■■■■

With regard to Scanny D868SBG. This vehicle was operated by Bewick Transport, from Milnthorpe in ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ main customer was Henry Cooke Paper, of Beethan, near Milnthorpe. Henry Cooke was part of the Bibby Empire. Bibby,s bought the Wiggins Teape Paper Mill at Hele, between Collumpton and Exeter., and asked Bewicks to do the transport. They had about 5 vehicles based at Hele. All of them Scanias.

All that info was out of his memory. :cry: :cry: Sad or What?? Just joking Chris.

I hope that this additional info is of interest to “stravaiger”, and to “NZ Jamie”. and Others.

PS. As usual a good post Klunk. I,ve sent you a pm asking about a former workmate who I think you will know. Desperate Dan. (RIP)