Dangerous goods advice- UK regs and ADR

dieseldave:
That guy hasn’t a clue. :grimacing:

That’s what I thought :wink:

dieseldave:
If it were me, I’d make sure that the cylinder is connected to the cooker and the valves turned off, as it might be hard to convince a foreign enforcement official that a ‘loose’ cylinder isn’t part of the cargo, unless you’re well below the 333kgs nett ‘freebie’ limit.

Well,

1. He’d be well below the “freebie” limit, as I doubt he’d be carrying more than 50 kg
  2. It’s pretty obvious what it’s intended for - the cooker is strapped to the load bars on the body sidewalls at the back, and the bottles are strapped underneath
  3. In my case, I use a pallet tank (folding plastic box the size of a pallet) to contain all my personal stuff (clothes, tools, truck spares, cooking equipment, etc.), so it’s pretty obvious - partly to avoid the customs people thinking that my personal stuff is part of the load, and partly to avoid my personal stuff ending up being part of the load, as I’ve already lost a sleeping bag that way… :frowning: .

dieseldave:
Also, propane and butane would have to be totalled together if they’re cargo, because they’re both in the same Transport Category, so the 333kgs nett ‘freebie’ limit would apply to the whole total.

Yes, I assumed that would be the case.