La jonquera.

That is correct.The Basque police admit there is a problem with the East coast areas around Valencia and Barcelona,they must receive crime data reports.Even in the 1990s would hear driver stories,whether true or not,of gangs operating at un loading points,with distraction techniques,like "you have a puncture,or a fire",while leaving the cab un locked,and the contents quickly emptied.Myself,while in the loo for 2 minutes,to brush the gnashers,an ambulance parked up by the cab,at the BP,before you turn left to head up to the Teruel road,after Valencia,he said if i had 2 drivers as one was in my cab.Money and clothes,but left passport.Strange thing was,a few hours up the road,the ambulance was heading south near Daroraca,the medieval town with the ham legs hanging by the road.It had to be the same man,up to no good,probaly a stolen ambulance,an old one,like an estate car,and German plates.The 80s,Barcelona had to clear out the gypsies near the port,and the German driver who had his throat cut in the showers,while having his wallet stolen.Even the police would not go alone in to the orange groves,but once in a while have a massive clear out of the immigrants without papers.Never had a problem in Euskadi or Navara,and France seems to be ok.