Documents & equipment required for international journey

andy164:
Ive recently been told by another driver that a friend of his got stopped by the red caps and was hit with a fine for 4000euros as he had a copy of the european authorisation. Whether this is urban myth or not i dont know, but if its true, its a absolute disgrace, once again shows that the rad caps are a law unto themselves. (it was a genuine copy of the authorisation not a photocopy) Any 1 else had a problem similar?

It does smack of urban myth to me and I have heard it before although it was about the French and not the Spanish, and it was €1000 fine when I heard it.

If it is true that fine was wrong and it should be appealed. If he had the original with him he could have been fined as that one must stay in the office and an certified copy carried on the vehicle. I guy I used to work with received a big fine in Germany for having the original with him instead of a copy, he was also fined and parked up in France a couple of months later for having an out of date copy. He had gone home after being fined in Germany and swapped the original for an old one without noticing. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: