Stobart F1

Trust me,its not all its cracked up to be! I used to work for Brawn GP & was one of test team truckies.Once the ban on testing was announced we all thought that we would drive the race trucks, unfortunately Stobart got involved and as a result we were made redundant.
Stobart didnt offer any of us a job which you would of thought would’ve been a logical move as we had the experience in doing the job & the knowledge on how to bulid the race trucks.As for helping in the pits thats a non starter as the pit crew is made up of the race mechanics & truckies.
The job is simply drive the trucks to the circuits, wash, help unload,set up the popup trailers that turn into offices,polish everything till it sparkles & make sure everything is immaculate.To be honest, from what i’ve heard about the pay offered by Stobarts, they are paying peanuts.The agency boys who used to do the job used to get £175 a day, everyday they worked, plus hotels ,flights & food whilst at the circuit.They also used to get hotels on the drive down, never sleeping in the trucks.The longest they were away was 21 days which was the turkey,italian back to back races.
As Brawn is a small team they are on a smaller budget , hence Stobarts getting the job.Gone are the days where money wasnt an issue & if you needed something it was just got, regardless of cost.