Route to Greece

I am not telling you that you lie, but I am pretty sure that you are simply wrong. That what you scanned for us is not a green card but this is “Motor Fleet Insurance European Cover”, as we can see from the title of the document.

I googled a bit, and what I found is that the green card system is valid for every countries belonging to the system, and also many countries NOT belonging to the system respect it. At the moment in Europe system we got 44 national offices for the green card system:
but this map is old as from this year some new countries joined the system, among others Russia.

Green card is not a policy itself, but it’s just a certificate that your country request mandatory Third Party insurance and countries who are part of the system are agreed for mutual recognition of national Third Party insurance policies.

Green card is always printed on the green paper (since the name) and no matter of language it has always the same layout:

As for Britain, Britain is just a strange country and some insurers selling third party covers limited to use in UK only - that’s why you sometimes need to pay extra for insurance abroad - my policy is quite good at it and I can drive my car abroad for up to 3 months a year, which is still nothing compared to standard Polish policy, as there were no limits for driving abroad (other that if you are taking your car for more than 6 months off from Poland you have to report it’s export) and green card was issued on demand, in most cases free of charge and it was no limits on it as well.

So if you have British insurance you have to check with your insurer, but normally your own country insurance allows you to drive in whole European Union except Romania and Bulgaria and also Switzerland and Liechtenstein.

So that’s all I know, if I am wrong somewhere, please correct me.