Peak District.

The Norde’s were constructed about 2 miles from where I live, in fact one of my neighbours was working for Toft Brothers and Tomlinson (who were a large transport company and were NORDE) when the first one was constructed. They made an artic that would cruise at 70 + with a ■■■■■■■ engine, the idea was to be able to do two trips a day from Derbyshire to London, but the 6 wheelers were based on a TK cab, some had 354 Perkins engines. Longcliffe Quarries had one of them and they were fitted with Metalastic rubber suspension which was designed by the works. We had a Foden 8 wheeler with a Norde back end and was the forerunner of the rubber suspension still used today. The first project was done on the cheap, in fact my neighbour tells me that the chassis bolts were taken from a scrap Maudslay chassis to save money in case the thing wasn’t succesful!
As with most of these ideas it fizzled out because of the cost compared to mass produced vehicles, Toft Brothers and Tomlinson ceased trading in 1975 and their yard is now used by Matlock Transport. I may have some info on the NORDE’S that I will post on here.
Philmac were part of the Tarmac regime as you say, can’t help with the Hanson wagons though. Does your dad remember Allinsons Foden 8 wheel tippers from Stockport? They would pass you anywhere over The Cat and Fiddle or Long Hill, on bends, loaded or not! You learned to keep your elbows in when they were about!

Pete.