Fanfare for the Commer man!

Wheel Nut:

Chris Webb:

Wheel Nut:
I think you are on the right track with that. Leys Malleable Castings was taken over by Georg Fischer in Lincoln. I used to go to the North Hykeham site.

Sir Francis Ley built his foundry on the original site of the RAMS when it was the baseball ground. There were several foundries in Derby, the largest of these being Leys Malleable Castings and Qualcast.

Sir Francis Ley business park is still there at the top of Osmaston Road

Qualcast had a works in Smethwick as well Malc. Originally it was Birmid then Birmid Qualcast.Their chimney chucked some good old s*** out along with a load of others in that area. :laughing:

I like the " Sir Nigel Gresley " nameplate. Seen that loco regular in my youth as a trainspotter…then totty took over :laughing:

What goes around comes around. You have the tie up with Birmid correct, and the Qualcast history makes interesting reading. Suffolk Lawnmowers who made the Colt and Punch were taken over by Qualcast,

Atco, Suffolk and Qualcast History

As for Sir Nigel Gresley Totty and Steam railways. I took the kids on the Great Central Railway last week and I can reignite my interest in Steam again :stuck_out_tongue:

The new A1 class 60163 “Tornado” was down on trial at the Great Central a few weeks ago. I’d like to see her. :sunglasses: