Truckers, Affairs, Double Lives And Liars

Maybe the women who go out with married truckers are to blame too. It takes two to tango.

I agree - it does take two, but just because the offer is there it does not make it obligatory to take it up.
Most of the truckers I have known over the years are decent guys and good family men and when I was driving I can honestly say I never felt under threat of ■■■■■■ harrasment from them as a woman driver.
Of course there was always the odd one who thought he was Gods Gift and considered he was doing the opposite ■■■ a huge favour by offering his services :unamused: but you will get this in any job or walk of life.
Long haul trucking is not exclusive as an away from home profession. There are lots of careers which require either the man or the woman to be away from home for lengthy periods and not everyone takes it as an opportunity to play the field.
I would certainly not stand for (and did not stand for) an unfaithful partner.
Take the kids and get out is my maxim. Staying is not a good idea in my opinion for a variety of reasons.
If you are willing to be treated like a doormat then you probably will be.
The longer it goes on more your self esteem will plummett.
Playing the martyre never got any brownie points - or won anybody any respect.
Get yourself a new life. Maybe a new man - but that is not obligatory to having a good life.
The other thing to worry about with an unfaithful partner are ■■■■■■■■ transmitted deseases. There are no guarantees that an unfaithful partner wont infect you with anything from VD to Aids so be careful and give it plenty of thought.