Ernest jones and sons,pudsey.corn millers

Great picture Graham, it’s brought the memories flooding back. I didn’t realise your dad drove the Commers & AEC, looking at the load on the Commer I guess the AEC bulker must have felt like easy street!
I did not get into road transport as my dad warned me off it (crap wages, crap hours, crap working conditions!) so ended up doing an engineering apprentiship at Wellman Booth, Rodley (Crane manufacturers). But I have always had a keen interest in the haulage industry and always buy the magazines ect to keep upto date with whats going on.
I would still like to drive a truck even now (people say I must be mad!) but the desire is still there, so who knows maybe in the future?
Your VW is always clean and smart whenever I see it, do you still haul for the company on Leeds Bradford Road? I notice it has changed.
One other thing, I remember a small truck that used to be parked in front of a house on Galloway Lane, It was blue and white and I think it was a Karrier, do you remember it or was it you that owned it?
Cheers, Tony