Nostalgia!!

bigpeter53:
I have had more jobs than Tommy Docherty.My problem is I cannot KowTow to anyone.I was always brought up to believe that I am no better than anyone else and no one is better than me. I can work hard and I always have,but I just cannot yes sir no sir anyone. I have had some smashing bosses and I have had some of the other kind, In my experience,transport runs itself. When you think about it there is stuff that needs to be taken somewhere,in a safe way. If it is loaded correctly secured and kept dry and delivered on time, to me that aint no rocket science. The trouble starts when you get these so called transport managers,I call them traffic clerks, and their job is just as important as the driver.Unfortunately,some of them have ideas above their station and that is when the trouble starts. I have had some good TM’s who appreciated that you are the vanguard of the company and it is your face the customer sees.They also appreciate that when they are sitting down to dinner with their wives and kids,you are eating in a greasy spoon and trying to keep the ■■■■■’s out of your fuel tank before ‘dossing down’ for the night in your workplace.I bloody hope they are grateful,but are they? I have been looking up the Health and Safety policies of our industry and it is pathetic.Your workplace is where you park or your base.So your truck is not your workplace at all,it is a vehicle.But when it comes to smoking,you are not allowed to smoke in your workplace ie your truck. So the crux is you can get killed in it,and it is a RTA but you must not smoke in it.Pathetic.