Nostalgia!!

bestbooties:

bigpeter53:

bestbooties:
Hiya Since it is a nostalgia site,I presume you drove for Carmens. I used to work for an ex Carmens driver.He used to tell some some spine chilling tales of his trips to the middle east. Apparently he would fly out there sometimes to recover a truck that some poor hapless driver had abandoned. He showed me hios passport and it was as thick as an encyclopedia.Do you know of this guy? His name was Albert and he was crazy bonk bananas.

Hi bigpeter,
Off the top of my head I can’t remember anyone named Albert,having said that,I was only at Carmans for 2 years,but I spent another 10 years on M/E and again,can’t recall the name ,but it was a looooong time ago.
I did several recovery trips when I was working for other firms.I flew out to Turin to bring home a new F12 when the driver had broken his ankle.
I flew out to Athens to recover an F89 road train abandoned on the Greek/Yugo border after the driver had left it because a trailer wheel bearing had collapsed.
I flew out to Belgrade to pick up the Mack of Chapman and Ball when the driver got injured,I drove down to Saudi,tipped the load and after being out over Christmas I got back home in the New Year.
When doing M/E it didn’t take long to fill a passport,I have 8 of the 94 page type.When you take into account that a Saudi or Iraq visa fills one page,then the entry and exit stamps can fill another one or two pages,it doesn’t take many trips to fill one.[/quote

Hiya Mate, Thanks for the reply,If you had knew this bloke,you wouldn’t have forgotten him He was a real character. I think he also worked for PE Blake and Son,but didn’t get on very well with the son Mike, I believe.He lived in Leftwich