The Fathers Protests

Hi again…

The reason the these fathers have a CS in one hand and a DNA result in the other and STILL have to pay is… in most of these cases the fathers have know that there was a possibility that the child wasn’t theirs and chose to taken responsibility for them anyway, and are using the divorce and the DNA results in order to back out of the moral obligation that they entered into when they got married. The law here in New York states that if you are married to a woman when she gives birth, you are the legal father, regardless of DNA. To raise a child until they are 4 or 6 or 10 years old then cry paternity just to get out of child support support payments is looked at as child cruelty. If they were willing to accept the child prior to the divorce, then they have to accept the responsibility for them after. The only exception to this is if the parents were never married or if there was never any parental contact . In my situation, we weren’t married, didn’t have a DNA test, and he just swore an oath to the court that Seth was his biological son, and once he did that, he can not legally question paternity. A good dad wouldn’t do that anyway, and I know he’d never deny that Seth was his. He’s too proud, and he knows me far too well for that.

It’s a controversial situation, and probably not ONE right answer for every situation.