The Fathers Protests

Dratsabasti… from my experience, child support doesn’t work that way here. It’s a standard 17% of gross income for the 1st child, and goes up slightly for each additional child, regardless of visitation time. All that counts is the custody order, not the visitation schedule. My problem is that my sons dad is self employed and has undocumented income. He has never paid income tax, and has no proof of ever having made money. He originally had to agree to what I was asking in order to avoid an IRS investigation. But that was 5 years ago,… the cost of raising an 8 year old is much higher than that of a 3 year old. At this point Pat is supporting my son… and is spending more in health insurance for him a month than what I get in child support… and is doing it happily without ever complaining. He thinks of him as his own. I hesitate to return to court to increase his child support because things have been stable, and I don’t want to go back to the bitterness or start getting threats from him again. Its just not worth the hassle, and it would only end up hurting Seth.