Eddie stobart crick assesment and possible wages tramping

Can’t help on the wages, I’ve mislaid the wages list from an assessment I had for Goole, but iirc they’re pretty decent and have good meal allowances etc. Pretty responsible stuff.

As for the drive itself, mine was simply out of the yard, round a few roundabouts and so on. As with most, they pretty much “know” by the time you get to the gates if you’re going to be okay or not - crap driving shows up quickly in most drivers.

Key things they looked for:

If unit is already coupled up they tell you as such and invite you to just get in but satisfy yourself if you must - take the chance to check the legs are up, dog-clip is on, and park brake is off. Shows good safety mindedness. They lap it up.
Not over-revving
Smooth gear changes
Confident driving
Considerate driving
No speeding
Plenty of obs.
Economical driving.

Than back in the yard they often ask you to reverse park into a bay on your left. I had loads of space so pretty much lined it up and took the whole yard - why struggle? But what they are looking for is the ability to park it on the blind side where necessary. At least that’s what they said to me.

I was told that the little tight turn I did to position myself is considered a no-no, since it scrubs more off the tyres and they don’t like that, they want your economical driving to consider all aspects and if that means tackling a difficult reverse instead of screwing it round, then so be it.

Of course every driver I saw since when I went in as an agency driver was screwing it round left right and centre, tyre-marks all over the yard.