The Fathers Protests

Dratsabasti… you’re welcome!!! Money should NOT be an issue when it comes to visitation. I understand that it is, because in some cases, its the only way women get the child support that is owed… but thats another situation all together. The type of men that aren’t paying their child support are not the types climbing buildings and bridges in order to fight for the right to see their children.

Relationships do not end well… otherwise they wouldn’t end. My ex and I had a long, stormy, and abusive relationship. I suffered abuse, was beat, controlled, manipulated, threatened… you name it. BUT,… he loves his son and even though it took time, we are now able to get past it all and raise him together. Fear is no excuse… and unless he’s been abusive to the child, its just more crap these women throw. I WAS afraid, but it didn’t stop me from doing what is right, because there’s always someone that can act as a mediator and provide transportation for the child. The court order gave me full legal custody, he has him every other weekend. This was because of the continued abuse after we split. I honor the court order, but it doesn’t stop there. I basically allow him contact whenever he wants, so long as we don’t have standing plans. We flip weekends, he takes him for dinner during the week, keeps him extra nights when he wants, calls him at any time… basically my view on it is that he gets his legal visitation, and anything above and beyond that is negotiable. The limits are set as a guideline… they should be the minimum… not the maximum. We’re now able to work together, and my son gets the last word as to where he wants to spend the weekend. Fathers day falls on MY weekend this year… guess where my son will be■■? Right where he should be… with his DAD.