Nostalgia!!

Not bored Boyzee, takes me back though.
I never sold anything because tramping all over by myself I needed all the kit I could get. We used to buy stuff though. All my chains and sylvesters came from the yard man at McCall’s in Glasgow. For tenner a full set would be lumped onto the chassis tray while the diesel was going in.
The bad side of the digs has been overplayed a bit too. Sure there were some right tips, but we learned to avoid them, if there was no choice it was cab hotel.
There were many good ones though and the company was often as good as it gets anywhere. I once spent a night in a place in E. Anglia and one of the drivers was one of those who have an inexhaustable supply of hilarious stories and, more important, the way to tell 'em. I think we staggered into bed in the early hours with sides aching, and not just from the gallons of tea we had drunk.
The coming of TV put a bit of a downer on things but as early as the 60s some places had them. I was in digs watching with growing horror on the news the unfolding story of the Aberfan disaster, which was taking place just a few miles away. They were appealing for tipper lorries but we all had loaded flats but would have answered the call immediately if differently equipped.