Nostalgia!!

On my first trip to Saudi,I left UK without a Saudi visa and was told to "Get one on the way"By the time I got to Damascus I began to think I was leaving it a bit late,and some fellow travellers were in the same boat and said they always called in to see Sammi Sarisi in Damascus,he was the agent for most firms,English and European ,and could fix anything,for a price!Sammi sent a runner off to Beruit with a bag full of passports requiring visas.Now at this time,1975,there was a war on in Beruit,and although normally it was a few hours run each way,what with dodging bullets and waiting around for the visas,this guy was gone for 3 days!
The first night,some of us decided to spend in a hotel for a change,so we booked into the Sultan.
At breakfast the next morning,we were giving our breakfast order to the waiter,a smart,elderly gent.As each of us ordered,he repeated the order back to be sure it was correct. One guy ordered boiled eggs,and the waiter repeated his order as,“Boylecks for you sir”
The driver answered back,“No,I asked for boiled eggs,not bollix”.
The waiter,not batting an eyelid replied,“Sir,after 25 years in the British Army,I do know the diference between boylecks and bollix!”
This brought the house down,we fell about laughing for half an hour or more.