Pay as you go driving!

Juddian:
I don’t get why battery cars are so expensive, without all the extras the Germans have been charging (no pun) for since the age of mass production commenced.

Engine itself and ever more complicated exhaust system rammed with systems and sensors, gearbox of ever increasing complication meaning ever descreasing periods of reliable service plus a clutch or drive engagement system of whatever form it takes, fuel tanks and piping cooling systems etc, all missing on an EV.

There’s so much missing in an EV that they should be around half the cost of an equivalent ice car, its the presently cheap electric supply due to not being taxed with equivalent road charges that makes them even worth considering, once the fuel taxes get added to already increasingly expensive electricity people will soon find out the real costs involved.

Fuel taxes and road charges?, does anyone seriously think its going to affect any of us here when the plan is complete, we ain’t planned to be driving our own privately owned cars wherever we like in the new world, no Zil lanes for plebs.

Talking of equivalents, i’d read that Tesla body build quality wasn’t exactly to Lexus standards but seeing as i’m not in the least interested in the marque, nor in any other battery car, i’d not looked for myself, but followed a brand new Tesla on the way home through the town yesterday, the bootlid must have been aligned by Stevie Wonder or maybe the neaside three quarter panel was lower than the offside because the shut lines looked right but the lights on the nearside shut line didn’t line up compared to the offside by a good half an inch, or 12mm’ish.

Yes I’ve seen a lot of Tesla cars online where the shut lines/panel gaps are appalling for such an expensive car :open_mouth: the fanbois will buy any old ■■■■■ from Tesla.