Confess or keep quiet?

ETS:

Noremac:
Rather than worry about consequences, what about root cause? If you were so tired you could conk out for 45 minutes, you were probably too tired to remember to change the tacho (or even to be driving). Also, maybe have the coffee and have a nap while the caffeine kicks in?

Fair point but the reason I take 50-60 min breaks is not because I’m too tired but because I can’t fall asleep right away. I usually need 10-15mins to just lay there while the ringing in my ears goes away and slowly transition to that half-asleep state for another 5-10 mins, then it’s solid sleep for the remaining 20-30 mins. Coffee before that would surely mess up the last, important part namely solid sleep. 9 times out of 10 I wake up on my own - 1 min before the alarm rings.

Same here, that’s ONE of the reasons I believe 9 hours off after a 15 hour shift is just not enough, despite what the ‘‘I only need 6 hours kip me’’ heroes say. :unamused:

It’s like all the ret of it in this job…, 45 min breaks, 9 hours rest, 11 hours rest, and the 24/45 weekend rests.
They ain’t targets they are minimum LIMITS, despite what these co.s try to brainwash drivers into believing (and succeed in many cases :unamused: )
If I feel like an hour’s break, feeling tired, I’ll take an hour,.same as daily rests, if I feel like more I’ll take more, the ■■■■ world won’t end if I’m 10 mins late arriving refreshed instead of ■■■■ ed out.
It’s your licence and more importantly your life if you succumb to fatigue. :bulb:
Cue the heroes. :smiley: