DAF or Iveco 7.5T?

HorseLorry:
Cav551, thanks very much! Most imformative, some really good poits!, Have noted the tilt can issue, some bodybuilders were going to end with no tilt facilty & just a hatch!, which I;d reckoned would make maintenance expensive! The gearbox issue is interesting, hadn’t realised they were automated, had wrongly assumed they were ZF’s & like my car’s ZF with paddle shift which is excellent for smooth braking!
Thanks.

It will be a 6 speed ZF Auto and as previously said it is a manual with a power pack …Main issues with the box itself is the input shaft bearing fails ,not a difficult repair …On the DAF the power feeds to the gearbox fail again not a difficult fix ,but like all faults if you do not know it can become expensive …The DAF runs on full air brakes ,the IVECO has hydraulics…Though you may not need to run on a tacho ,it is very important if the vehicle is parked up and the main batteries go flat .if it is fitted with a VDO /siemens tacho the tacho will stay alive using its own battery ,when that goes flat then a new tacho head is required.As it will activate various warnings and you will have no milage display …The stoneridge tacho battery has a 10 year life ,the vdo needs changing every 2 years …I have not heard of issues with the stoneridge dying …Since i hate horseboxes i recommend you buy an iveco lol