Speed cameras M4 roadworks

Just in case you wondered the speed cameras near Reading in the roadworks are live as a car sped past me this morning and was flashed, I’m assuming they’re set for 50 as there are still 50 mph signs every 300 yds so therefore that must still stand.

And the average speed ones further up towards Slough caught my stepson the other week… they told him it was because he was 1mph over the threshold of 56… got his online speed awareness course soon… caught on a day they were ‘manned’ apparently

did limiter through them on way from coop avonmouth - Milton Keynes last thurs & didn’t see them flash , maybe careful if loaded & any downward slopes ( not that I can think of any , but other than that should be fine )

I think the average speed ones on the M4 South Wales 24 - 28 are now live as well.

According to the local paper , they go live next Monday the 15th. :imp: :imp:

I’ve never seen an average speed camera flash Dozy.

the maoster:
I’ve never seen an average speed camera flash Dozy.

:laughing: :laughing:

Many years ago, I was on recovery M5/M4 area. All the speed cameras were set to 57.6 MPH

See the 50 limit…

Drop cruise to 47 and bimble through however many miles it is.

Seriously, why would you wanna find out the hard way (3 points and £100 fine) if the cameras are working or not, to gain at best 10 minutes?

First one to say boat chasing is full of kak.

Now I know Dozy is telling porkies, only way you can get all the way through on the limiter is at 1am (oops, nope its always closed after 2100 :laughing: ) or in the outside lane.

I do that stretch at least half a dozen times a week and its permanent yo-yo drivers. 52,45,52,45 etc etc all in a rolling road block across lanes 1 and 2. As above, cruise on 47 and chill, paid by the hour after all :smiley: