Recommend a film

Looking for films to watch.
Ideally do not recommend something that is a like a turn your brain off action movie like Con-Air / Armageddon / Transformers.

I can recommend the Sunset Limited 2011.
youtube.com/watch?v=LB1FWiT6yDQ

edit: posted in wrong section.

adam277:
Looking for films to watch.
Ideally do not recommend something that is a like a turn your brain off action movie like Con-Air / Armageddon / Transformers.

I can recommend the Sunset Limited 2011.
youtube.com/watch?v=LB1FWiT6yDQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB1FWiT6yDQ

edit: posted in wrong section.

I tried watching a movie but I can’t get used to the idea that people are able to just walk around and talk to each other without masks, they touch rails, no social distancing, bars are open etc. it’s like every movie I watch is sci-fi.

youtube.com/watch?v=lEO8PkJMwCQ

I assume you mean ones on steaming services? No idea what these are on (might be YouTube for some). Personal favourites include:

Marley and me
ET
Empire of the sun

Shinglers list
Green mile
Forest Gump

Nothing too way out or foreign language arty ■■■■■ crap. Suspect you might need Disney Plus as they seem to own many of the decent ones and channels.

There is one called “History of the World Part 1” which is apparently really good comedy from way back. Did find out recently you can’t get Dogma due to Harvey Weinstein except on dodgy sites.

Two of the best films of all time IMHO, quality emotional and far from the usual Holywood garbage.

Dances with Wolves is currently on Amazon Prime, and Last of the Mohicans is currently on Netflix.

Zulu :slight_smile:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=168051
There’s already a film thread on here, :unamused: …this.
And I can’t be arsed to repeat my 'Good Bad the Ugly post, so I’ve linked it.

robroy:
Classic film - BULLY'S TRUCKSTOP BAR (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK
There’s already a film thread on here, :unamused: …this.
And I can’t be arsed to repeat my 'Good Bad the Ugly post, so I’ve linked it.

I saw, thats more classic films I presumed though.

I do like Zulu. Even though it is a classic film. I looked into that film a lot and the attention to detail is insane.

Also read somewhere that Michael Caine refused to work in South Africa after that because the discrimination was so insane.

I’d add Fury (2014) to the list.
One of the best war films I have ever seen.