I’m curious to know

I cant recall all the jobs I have had but I remember the ones I enjoyed and hated.

As a young driver I worked for a nationwide parcel company, no bling, just had down to earth Bedfords and ERF eventually culminating in DAF and Mercedes. Nobody thought so at the time but in hindsight it was probably the best job in the country, the hours worked for the financial reward worked for us all, home every night, had a second income from buying and selling cars, and could collect supplies & parts while working.

I had a romantic notion that Airfreight was the pinnacle of the driving jobs, I only worked for one red & white company and believe me it was the most badly organised job with childish drivers and office staff. Painting the lorries Yellow just turned a bad job into a worse job and I was pleased to be “let go” through illness.

In between that I drove a few tankers, tilts, tippers and tautliners. I had a dabble at car transporters but didn’t get on the super carriers. I held my own passport. :laughing: