#TopTips video. Should I Bother?

So I’ve started a series of videos where I hand down advice like a pretentious old boll ock to young and new drivers! This is my latest, answering wether to bother getting your licence. Obviously this is simply my opinion, and my opinion is no more or less valid than anyone else’s, just another voice to possibly help. Aimed as I say at new drivers, in this series experienced drivers will think I’m stating the obvious but often its things that it’s just assumed everyone knows. Be interested to hear any thoughts about what I say, any thoughts you have…if you can stomach sitting through 20 minutes of watching my gormless face jabber on. Have a great day all

www.lorry-driver.com
linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom

You asked for my thoughts, wether you agree with or dislike them I don’t care.
My opinion is you’re an attention seeker who seems to be under the impression that people are interested.

When I was starting this job I learned so much from Youtube and got so much information from other drivers posting in it.I cant be the only one.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
My opinion is you’re an attention seeker who seems to be under the impression that people are interested.

Living up to your name again.
I was browsing the moneysavingexpert forum the other day and I came upon this thread.
forums.moneysavingexpert.com/di … eer-change

Iv been on TrucknetUK but there’s a lot of negative people on there, i don’t know if its the type of job there in or there just a negative person but if they hated the job that much they should look else where.

Yes I see a lot of negativity on TN too. I think the vast majority of it comes from truckers who have been doing the job for a very long time and they don’t know how to or can’t do anything else. Certainly quite a lot of bitter ppl on there

They often complain about how they’re spoken to by security. I’ve always wondered if it’s partly down to how they come across to the security though?

I think a lot of new people are put off posting on this forum due to people acting like arrogrant idiots.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

You only have to watch his channel, see the viewing figures and amount of participating in the comments to realise that people are indeed interested.

Your obsession with living up to your sad pseudonym is pathetic.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

talknonsense:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

You only have to watch his channel, see the viewing figures and amount of participating in the comments to realise that people are indeed interested.

You living up to yours as well.

Oh the Irony…

Grumpy_old_trucker:

I have a feeling this will not end well… :grimacing:

Yes…

You should bother. Ytube and other soshul meeja thingy’s are a good place to find out all sorts of things (my culinary skills have improved no end just by watching Ytoobers doing stuff).

There’s also the prospect of you bumbling around on camera and whacking yourself in the face with garden rake or similar. A bit like Charlie Chaplin which, I would find infinately entertaining.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

talknonsense:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

You living up to yours as well.

Oh the Irony…

Ah yes…the “why don’t you take a look in the mirror” comeback. Somewhat worthy of a wannabe troll acting like a juvenile I suppose.

Go ahead and help the new generation on their way. Passing the driving tests doesnt include how to earn money with an over regulated diesel hungry truck. I see every day as a school day. When I have heard about SOME people dying I have thought “hhe took all of that hard won knowledge with him.” Will it count for DCPC.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Succinct, brusque and truthful, but if you’re not interested, scroll on by.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

I’m not sure I’ll ever recover from this awful blow… :unamused: You seem to be under the impression that criticism by an anonymous Trucknetter has any impact

Tbh when i was new i checked youtube how to open curtains, strap up and stuff if you could make a detailed and a clear view it will help many. Even stuff like how to use the tail lift/electric pump truck.

Btw just checked your website out looks so tacky could redo that

Grumpy_old_trucker:
you’re an attention seeker

No s…t Sherlock. What gave it away, the Facebook page? Twitter account? Instagram maybe? The fact I’ve been making videos for YouTube over a decade? Subtle hints

Might aswell. Most current truck drivers will be dead in a decade anyway so something has to get others interested. It’s a hard sell to a young person though these days.

TruckDriverBen:
Tbh when i was new i checked youtube how to open curtains, strap up and stuff if you could make a detailed and a clear view it will help many. Even stuff like how to use the tail lift/electric pump truck.

Btw just checked your website out looks so tacky could redo that

That’s the plan, it’ll be a series.

My website is really plain, just being a standard blogger template but tacky? Don’t understand that thought

“My website is really plain, just being a standard blogger template but tacky? Don’t understand that thought”

I mean i scrolled on the website for 5sec and closed it off the videos your making are too long average youtube video should be 10mins or less if its you showing us how to something basic. You need a propa intro to your videos and outtro your camera is 480p were living in 2021 get a HD or better with a better mic also try upload every week on a certain day but not forced good content :slight_smile:

If your not good with computers ask your son/daughter or whom is good at computers to help you edit mate all the best

TruckDriverBen:
“My website is really plain, just being a standard blogger template but tacky? Don’t understand that thought”

I mean i scrolled on the website for 5sec and closed it off the videos your making are too long average youtube video should be 10mins or less if its you showing us how to something basic. You need a propa intro to your videos and outtro your camera is 480p were living in 2021 get a HD or better with a better mic also try upload every week on a certain day but not forced good content :slight_smile:

If your not good with computers ask your son/daughter or whom is good at computers to help you edit mate all the best

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ah yes, I’ll ask one of my many children to help since I’m very new to all this social media stuff :smiley:

Just to add I f**+d up with the title to this post! I just used the name of the video rather than asking you chaps should I bother. Should I bother? referred to the point of the video I.e a question new or wannabe drivers frequently ask. Sorry but at this stage in my online career you’re all stuck with me wether you like it or not :wink: :smiley:

I spend very little time on Youtube, actually mosty when someone one on here, but must admit I did watch some of yours early on to learn basics.

Not seen this one, but didn’t you have a “friend” called Birty or similar in them? Compared to the others I’ve seen, I’d say they were more informative especially vs people lile Trucker Jay (eak). Really not interested in watching someone drive from A to B and create drama on the way.

Why not, its the bssic things which arebthe hardest to learn since thrres no mentoring and such these days. Just chucked in the deep end.