PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

MANTRONIC:

DEANB:

Hey ,Dean ,Brian Chilton,has got a Ailsa Edition 540 ! ,see him using the A470 Brecon road up to mid Wales regularly ,usually loggers . MT

Morning “MT”, thanks for the comments chap. :wink: Paul just sent me this pic which we assume is the motor
you are talking about ? :unamused:

The above is very smart but i did like the original colour scheme better. :smiley: Any idea how many trucks they are
running these days “MT” ?

A02563.JPG

A03698p.JPG

steelboyf10:
Hi Dean, loved the 401 run, Cromarty Carpets were from Lancashire, had a depot next to TNT at Ramsbottom from memory :smiley:

Thanks for the info and comments “steelboyf10” :wink:

Punchy Dan:
Wilcox bodies are or were IMO undoubtedly the best all round for strength and durability.

They were nice bodies like you say Dan and my grandad had a couple and i dont remember him having any issues with them
on grain etc. :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean two pics when I was on tipper work 1st pic just tipped coke in a foundry in Birmingham

Thanks for the pics John. :smiley: I see your transport manager has been given the sack,happy days from what you have been
saying. :laughing: :wink:

240 Gardner:
“DEANB” We have had some cracking tippers on here chaps.

Some artics.

A superb selection Dean, and I thought I recognised this reg (although not the livery):

I have photos of it later in life with John Gornall of Spennymoor. I have a feeling that its running gear lives on in his restored Defender, but perhaps one of the north eastern boys would know for sure.

Thanks for the comments Chris,where are the pics then chap… :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

240 Gardner:
“DEANB”

Another fine selection of motors, Dean (and Paul!). I don’t know anything about tippers, but these are cracking photos.

This is the only tipper I’ve ever driven! I’ve actually done quite a few miles in it

That was at Beamish in November 1995, doing a photo shoot for Edbro - my borrowed clogs were two sizes too small and it was below freezing all day, so I struggled no end to get the rascal to start. Oh, and I got pulled by the Ministry Man at Scotch Corner on the way up, which was a jolly jape in itself.

Cracking pic Chris,what sort of speed would that do out of intrest ? :smiley:

windrush:
Cravens Tasktip were brilliant bodies, the ones we had at Tilcon lasted well with just the usual cracking of the alloy sub chassis at the rear which most bodies had on asphalt and hot material, we cured that by making flitch plates and bolting them on. My last new eightwheeler had a Wilcox body, the less said about that the better though. :unamused:

Pete.

Thanks for the comments Pete,sounds like the Wilcox insulated body was not so good then. I can only comment on there
normal grain tipping bodies and they were fine. :wink:

Out of intrest what was the problem ?

kmills:
This was Bob Slaney - BJD stood for Bob, Jean & Debbie as far as I know.
He was from somewhere around Derby, and also pulled for Brit European / Carmans from Scholar Green, which is how I knew of him.

Cheers all,

Keith

Thanks for the name Keith. :wink: Did you drive for Brit European / Carmans out of intrest ?

Posted a long distance diary about them on page 427. :wink:

AD13.JPG