New roundabout McDonald's woodhead

Beginning to do my head in head in
Heading southbound for the M1 everyone is using lane 2 when lane 1 is also marked up for the M1 today I was bipped and hand jesculated by 2 artic drivers if they read the road signs as you enter the roundabout lines direct you into lane two from lane 2 an arrow on the roundabout tells you ahead or left for lane one on approach to the 616 for M1 south an arrow directs lane2 to merge with lane 1 is it me or are these horn blasters mis reading the signs

Problem is people looking at what their sat nav is telling them and completely ignoring road signs and markings.

Similar to the roundabout on the A47 coming from Wisbech to Kings Lynn that intersects the A17; the r/h lane is marked up to turn right only, whereas the nearside lane is clearly marked ALL ROUTES. Obviously if heading towards Fakenham etc I use the n/s lane to turn right. I undertake some very upset people.

the maoster:
Problem is people looking at what their sat nav is telling them and completely ignoring road signs and markings.

Similar to the roundabout on the A47 coming from Wisbech to Kings Lynn that intersects the A17; the r/h lane is marked up to turn right only, whereas the nearside lane is clearly marked ALL ROUTES. Obviously if heading towards Fakenham etc I use the n/s lane to turn right. I undertake some very upset people.

But the ‘ARROWS’ both painted and signed on the approach clearly state outside lane right only inside lane ahead only just like the highway code says.All routes means zb all especially when the arrows on the roundabout contradict the arrows on the approach.Also what happens in the event of traffic turning right from A 47 to McDonalds meeting traffic, using the left lane to turn right on the A47, conflicting with their exit.Typical stupid road planning.Roundabouts were never designed for right turning traffic to use the left lane because it conflicts with exiting traffic.You’re supposed to use the right lane then cross over to the left just before your exit the council planners are muppets just like smart motorways.Sooner or later it will be a biker taking the McDonalds exit from the A47 Wisbech bound entry.Good luck with left lane turn right when you take him out. :unamused:

Good old google fast maps :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
Good old google fast maps :laughing:

It doesn’t take google maps to realise that it’s another retarded road planning zb up like the type that can be found anywhere in the country.The highway code shows how a roundabout should be used and thereby marked.Left lane turn right effectively makes the right lane a no go area unless anyone likes filling out insurance forms or worse.

Carryfast:

the maoster:

But the ‘ARROWS’ both painted and signed on the approach clearly state outside lane right only inside lane ahead only just like the highway code says.All routes means zb all especially when the arrows on the roundabout contradict the arrows on the approach.Also what happens in the event of traffic turning right from A 47 to McDonalds meeting traffic, using the left lane to turn right on the A47, conflicting with their exit.Typical stupid road planning.Roundabouts were never designed for right turning traffic to use the left lane because it conflicts with exiting traffic.You’re supposed to use the right lane then cross over to the left just before your exit the council planners are muppets just like smart motorways.Sooner or later it will be a biker taking the McDonalds exit from the A47 Wisbech bound entry.Good luck with left lane turn right when you take him out. :unamused:

I was going to pen a long and wordy response to this ^^^ but I’ll settle for “shush, you lunatic”.

the maoster:
I was going to pen a long and wordy response to this ^^^ but I’ll settle for “shush, you lunatic”.

Yep the Highway Code protocol at roundabouts is for lunatics much better to use the left lane of a roundabout to turn right.Might as well go full ■■■■■■ right lane turn left.