40% tax threshold

The threshold to start paying 40% tax on income has been lowered from £50,000 currently to £37,701 from April.

Only mentioning it because yesterday was the first time I was made aware of it so thought others might be I the same boat.

Potential to drag a lot of people into the higher tax bracket.

You have not added your personal allowance of £12,570. 40% is payable on all earnings above £50,270

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

toonsy:
The threshold to start paying 40% tax on income has been lowered from £50,000 currently to £37,701 from April.

Only mentioning it because yesterday was the first time I was made aware of it so thought others might be I the same boat.

I saw that posted on Facebook yesterday, it was posted by someone who clearly didn’t understand how tax brackets work. The 40% threshold starts at £37,701 above your personal allowance so as stuwozere1 posted, at £50270.

Ah yeah forgot about that :laughing: :blush:

toonsy:

Fake news, lol.

Edit: Oh, it was on Facebook - it must be true, then.