UK to Morocco

Simon:

Gidders:
I believe there are quite a lot of ferries from southern Spain( Almeria,Motril,Malaga,Algeciras) to Tangier or a couple of ports in northern Morocco.Never been to Morocco myself.I do recall a friend from 35 to 40 years ago (lived near Sleaford? but forgotten his name)who used to do Morocco a lot.If I remember correctly he used to take bits of ladies undergarments down there where they would be made into complete garments for return.He could have been winding me up though.

There used to be two big companies who did well out of a similar job, Maas and John Mann. The job was, rolls of denim from the UK to Poland, unload, wait for the denim to be cut, reload. Poland to Morocco, unload, wait for the cut denim to be sewn into jeans, reload. Morocco to Falkirk to unload, reload with rolls of denim, do it all again.
(It might have been Morocco to cut, Poland to sew, it was 20+ years ago and I didn’t do it)
Mass is now Centrex and John Mann retired very comfortably thank you.
So taking ladies undergarments to Morocco to be sewn together is nothing at all unusual or surprising.

John Mann.That’s the man.I remember him from years ago.Thanks,Simon.