PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

windrush:
Back in the sixties I compiled a complete list of all Hadley’s vehicles and plant, mostly BMC’s and Bedford’s back then when they were in Hyde End Lane, as I did with all the haulage contractors in the Reading area where I lived. Of course when I married and left home in 1975 the book went in the bin! :unamused:

Pete.

Thanks for your comments Pete. :wink:

I imagine you repaired a few of these chap when you spent your time crawling about under all those Fodens. :laughing: :wink:

Click on pages twice.

Buzzer:
Think you may be right Dean about RHM as your shot the body design is very much the same, here is a shot of a Wiltshire cattle truck a Commer which they often were with a wooden built container, borrowed from Oily’s thread bit on the heavy side compared with alloy but weight did not matter so much back then, Buzzer.

There were loads of those about chap,plus it was sensible as you could take them off and still have a flat bed motor.
I imagine there must have been a bit of maintenance every year to look after the wood work but having said that they
seem to last for years.

Heres a bit about Lionel Pike. :wink:

Click on pages twice.

pike commer.PNG

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

Morning Daz, Thought you might like that chap. :smiley:

I should have looked in the archives chap. :wink:

Hello Dean this thread that you have put together of Hadleys haulage from reading is terrific lots of old history there going back in the days i am very happy with this article which you have posted up for me today brilliant work Dean Paul Mark much appreciated Best regards Daz :smiley:

Glad you liked it Daz. :wink: