Standard of CVs

Zac_A:

Carryfast:
On that basis like pilots I think drivers are born to the job.

Yeah, because truck drivers are such a special breed… :laughing:
I knew a TM once who said something similar, he reckoned that 90% of the problem with haulage was, and I’m quoting him talking to me " The problem is people like you, you haven’t got lorry driving in your blood, you’ve done other jobs before" :laughing:

Hmmmm… I had to laugh when I found out that he’d upset some other person to the extent that they firebombed all his trucks. Born-trucker or not, I think he needed to work on his people-skills a bit.

I think my references to my own Father/Grandfather show that there’s loads of shades of grey in that.
My Dad didn’t want to follow my Grandfather into driving.
He preferred engineering and was time served by the time he was called up and sent into the REME.
The army decided that in large part my Dad was going to be a driver not just an engineer/mechanic.It’s written in his army papers which I’ve still got and memories of his accounts of his driving duties therein.
He went back to engineering after the war and wanted me to follow him into engineering.
I obviously wanted to follow my Grandfather into Driving. :laughing:

Ironically the conclusion is that my Dad was a born engineer.
He was also a bleedin good driver who actually taught me how to drive.In large part taught to be so by the army.

Don’t remember him ever having to fill out a CV or even knew what a CV was. :wink: