GUY Big J 8LXB Tractor Unit

Carryfast:

ERF-NGC-European:

Carryfast:

[zb]
anorak:
I’ve got it- you used Google Translate, to go from [zb] to Double Dutch, then back to [zb]?

No one is saying that fitting it with a ■■■■■■■ engine on the line, then park it out in the factory yard for a month or six waiting for the Gardner that the customer ordered, then take the ■■■■■■■ out and fit the Gardner, then deliver it, doesn’t make perfect sense to some.

As opposed to a delayed WIP owing to engine supply issues.Which doesn’t translate as Retrofit in any language. :unamused:

It won’t make much sense to the factory either but in real life things like that do happen. Probably more with gearboxes than engines of course but the option I gave was perfectly valid, simply because it is possible.

To be fair advocating either potential scenario didn’t warrant Anorak’s reply.

We also can’t discount the possibility of ( d ) some not all left the factory with ■■■■■■■ and were sent back to the factory, not dealer, for retro fit 8LXB.The factory possibly using a number of slave ■■■■■■■ motors kept specifically for the eventuality to deal with the problem of erratic Gardner engine availability.That scenario I’d categorise as the real deal. :wink:

Whatever the answer I’m surprised that a lot more weren’t put together by whatever method a, b, c or d.Bearing in mind the known difference in lifetime operating costs of 8LXB v ■■■■■■■ ?.
Which gives credence to Bewick’s reference to engine availibilty being the problem and which shouldn’t be underestimated. :bulb:

Heaven’s! You’ve moved the argument from ‘did Guy do the 8LXB?’ to ‘was Guy wise to do it?’! Guy Big-Js came with 290 ■■■■■■■ and 9-sp Fuller attached. That’s the spec I’d have gone for and all that’s well-documented. I suspect you’d have opted for the same. But that’s not the argument of this thread. The argument is quite simply: did Guy (BL) put 8LXBs in Big-Js? End of.