Defect? Or am I missing a trick here?

Backed under a trailer this morning but didn’t get the usual clickety-click from the pin engaging. Sure enough it hadn’t clicked in, so I pulled all the way forward. It appeared to be “half cocked” with handle not in the fully out position so pulled it out. Had another go - same problem. Pulled forward, latched the handle all the way out again. Still no joy. Pulled forward again. Pushed and pulled the handle. This time it clicked in perfectly.

So - defective coupling or is there a trick to “resetting” the mechanism in such circumstances?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

This will become more frequent. It is the usual first indication that the fifth wheel needs attention, report the problem for investigation for when you get back. A worn notch in the handle should also be considered.

Thanks for that!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

cav551:
This will become more frequent. It is the usual first indication that the fifth wheel needs attention, report the problem for investigation for when you get back. A worn notch in the handle should also be considered.

How can the skid plate be 2 inches ‘lower’ than the fifth wheel turntable using the go under low and lift method. :wink: