Merc DriverCam. Vision problems?

GasGas:
I don’t wear bifocals, so can’t comment on whether that’s a problem. It was fine for my distance glasses.

I didn’t have any difficulty judging the longer distances, but as I said I don’t drive trucks very often, so was able to adapt to the mirrorcam very quickly. My colleague, who has driven trucks far more than I ever will and was unlucky enough to be sharing the cab with me, remarked that I was finding it easier than him.

An added bonus was the mirrorcam ‘following’ the trailer through turns…you could always see the trailer bogie in relation to the kerb.

The main reason for installing them was to save fuel, but if you don’t want them but do want a new Actros/Arocs, the conventional teatray mirrors bolt straight on. You get the blindspots back as well…

Don’t buy the ‘distance’ lens of glasses focus on a tv screen that’s less than 3 feet ahead.Maybe the nearside is ok in a similar way that I use my close vision bifocals to see the computer screen and the distance lens is ok when looking up for the TV ahead further away.

Having said that the camera following the trailer through turns is a brilliant idea.
I’d guess there’s a place for cameras ‘as well as’ mirrors ‘not instead of’ in that.
Specifically used for that type of close observation with the offside screen at least being set low so that bi focals can focus on it.