Operators license

I’m looking maybe next year at going it alone
. .I know I need an operators licence.
From what I’ve read on Google and gov.uk sites. Seems be fill a few forms in apply to council pay few hundred quid and that it’s.

Is that it? I thought you had to do a course or something. And if so at Ione know where does it around Manchester area thanks

If you want to be your own TM, yes, there’s a course and two exams. It’s A-level standard (Level 3), it’s pretty intense and 50% or more of people who sit the exams do not pass. There’s shed loads of posts and threads on this topic already. Oh… and you don’t apply to the council, it’s the Traffic Commissioner.

Thanks I’ll look

The type of operators license you’ll need will depend on the type of work you plan to do,and will be the difference between needing a transport manager or not,if you plan to do general road haulage of others (simply offering transport) then full UK license,if however you are using a vehicle to move your own equipment etc to and from site then restricted license and no transport manager,as such…I’m sure someone else here can put that in much better context…
Dave

I know restricted is when you deliver your own goods.
Ie manufacture type of outfit.

Am thinking. More getting a truck be 1 man owner driver n see. What happens