Most petty thing you have witnessed on site

8wheels:
I was returning a 14t excavator to another local plant hire firm that we had cross hired in (At that time we had 6 on hire) After reversing to the corner of the yard nearest their wash bay, I dropped my ramps and unloaded it. Ramps up and I got my broom out and swept the body piling up the loose mud skits by the bottom of the ramps for later disposal.

Manager comes out and gives me a bollocking for sweeping off in his yard (which was thick with mud anyway) He claimed to have watched me sweep it off the side, so I marched him to the back to show him where I’d left it. He then faltered and pointed out to the handful of crumbs that had dropped off the machine whilst it was unloaded and told me to get a barrow and shovel.

Apparently once the machine was on the ground it was their problem and they would clear up (yeah right) the mud left behind.

I’d spent best part of an hour digging the mud out of the tracks before loading the bloody thing so I wasn’t impressed and left without sweeping up as told.

On the basis of it being their mud on the floor once the machine was unloaded the next one was unloaded into their gateway so they would have to track it all the way across the yard. Petty works both ways

Are you still doing the plant work Graham(?). I remember reading your interesting blog. I see it’s still up! Is it really 12 years ago now? :astonished: Where has time gone? :frowning: