LOCKDOWN THREAD [Updated 05/01/2021]

Thread title changed to include the current lockdown - possibly until Easter :question:

So Boris has told the nation that additional restrictions apply from Nov 5th - Dec 2nd.

Hi Folks

IMPORTANT UPDATE

In their infinite wisdom, DVSA have decided that face to face cpc and Mod 4 cannot be conducted during lockdown.

Sorry to report that driving tests are suspended from 5th November till at least 2nd December.

All affected bookings will be sorted as soon as we know we’re operating tests again.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Very interested to find out. Personally I can’t see them going ahead. Am I right in thinking Wales cancelled tests? The lack of info last time was sickening. Hopefully we get some more clarity quickly.

Wales cancelled tests.

It’s important that a forum like this encourages fact rather than rumours. And that’s why I’m waiting to hear from DVSA as they call these particular shots.

Take care, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
It’s important that a forum like this encourages fact rather than rumours.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing:

Are you sure you’re on the right site?

Thanks for finding out and keeping us in the loop Facts are always better than rumors cheers Pete
Regards Andy

Mick Bracewell:

Peter Smythe:
It’s important that a forum like this encourages fact rather than rumours.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing:

Are you sure you’re on the right site?

Its usually safe in this section, the rest of the site… :smiley: :smiley:

Well that’s just typical… class 1 training mon-thurs this week Test Friday morning…it’s like Boris knew :smiley: :smiley:

Do I even turn up Monday morning at 7am to start me training. :unamused:

Audidoody:
Well that’s just typical… class 1 training mon-thurs this week Test Friday morning…it’s like Boris knew :smiley: :smiley:

Do I even turn up Monday morning at 7am to start me training. :unamused:

From a trainers point of view I’d still turn up unless you get a call from the training provider. As it stands no one knows what’s happening officially.

From a trainers point of view I’d still turn up unless you get a call from the training provider. As it stands no one knows what’s happening officially

+1

I am in the same boat, well actually am sat in my volvo, on a quick coffee and msnack stop, heading down to hotel to start my class 2 with Pete Monday, test due on Thursday, no official announcements on it yet but Pete will keep us right and upto date! I will be properly gutted if my test gets cancelled but can start my training sort my mod 4 at least, all this ain’t helping the old nerves but oh well I will have that test passed eventually as luke on here would sat ONWARD!!!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed for you, Pete.

Tomorrow marks the start of week 2 for us in Wales, no driving tests for a fortnight has caused us a lot of work to rearrange things.

Hopefully DVSA clarify the state of play for England ASAP, unlike the 3.5 day delay that we had for a formal statement following our first ministers ‘firebreak’ announcement!

Ollie.

Pray they go ahead, but I’m sure the government bring the government half 6 thursday morning it will will be a yes but no answer, Pete will keep us right whatever happens though!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I have my module 2 on Thursday.Whats the chances if it going ahead?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Canterbury:
I have my module 2 on Thursday.Whats the chances if it going ahead?

As Peter has said, as training providers we genuinely don’t know at the time of this reply (unless Peter has had a very recent email) so it’s difficult / incorrect of us to speculate and potentially put false information out to people who are ready nervous!

As Peter has said, as training providers we genuinely don’t know at the time of this reply (unless Peter has had a very recent email) so it’s difficult / incorrect of us to speculate and potentially put false information out to people who are ready nervous!

Well put. Hopefully, some firm information very soon.

Thanks

Hi Folks

Sorry to report that driving tests are suspended from 5th November till at least 2nd December.

All affected bookings will be sorted as soon as we know we’re operating tests again.

Same news here… Gutted…for me personally if only he’d lockdown end of business on Friday I could have passed Friday morning i’m sure… feel sorry for everyone affected in all industries… Take care all

Thanks for the info Pete

Thanks for the info Pete.[emoji106]

Anyone know if this will also include cpc module 4 tests?