Ido not think personally there is anything wrong with a premium .You come across as a bit of a badge snob ,Making excuses for not having a Scania …Renault may not have the best of back up ,but while it is running it will be earning more than the Badge truck,as it is costing less…Nowdays a truck is a truck .Braking and suspension systems are supplied to all manufacturers by 2 or 3 suppliers.and it is the same with the ad blue .Looms are made by again 1 or 2 companies …If you open a XF door the plugs have scania and volvo on them…All trucks have their issues even the premium brands ,they are all getting worse as technology progresses …The main differences are cabs and how they are done ,some use better quality materials, some have more space and better cupboards ,some have a better switch layout and digital gauges,and some look prettier than other externally …Personally i like DAF for all it’s problems ,i remember way back in the 70s when i left school ,i got a job with FIAT IVECO and we had a DAF in as a teenager i liked the look of it ,we also had bedfords in ,hated them…Strangely enough i spent the next 15 years working on bedfords lol but have been working on DAF for over 20 years …I look at trucks on how simple they are to work on …Gearbox removal on a Dfa is the easiest job you will ever get …EGR has ■■■■■■ up engine jobs ,but all manufacturers are in the same boat with that ( except iveco )