Beating the virus

Mazzer2:
Not going to insult your intelligence but I’m sure you’re fully aware of whom I am talking about and yes it was the Germans who were putting pressure on him. I notice you haven’t put up the figures for French fishing probably in the scheme of things Channel fishing is about on a par with the UK as to it’s contribution to French GDP, but Macron doesn’t need another group against him. As recently as last weekend Simon Coveny said he could see a deal being reached and for several weeks the Times has been reporting that there was a quiet confidence that a deal would be reached as to Macron being more popular than Johnson who knows but I’ve yet to meet a Frenchman who likes him, and as for competency the French cancelled their track and trace last week as it wasn’t working.

Macron has his own country to worry about, including fishermen of course, as does Merkel and all the other EU member country leaders.
French fishing figures? Does that matter? Johnson et al are making big noises about the UK fishing rights, whereas (sorry fisherfolk) it pales to insignificance against the motor industry and farming etc.
(2013 comparable UK / Fr numbers.ec.europa.eu/fisheries/sites/fi … eet_en.pdf)
I dont know whether Macron or Johnson is the most (un)popular. Track and Trace,France doing badly too? So, we arent the only country doing badly? That doesnt make us any the better. Germany is doing OK. Might not be so bad if Johnson held his hands up sometimes, instaed of spinning stories about the "next level, world beating, moonshot" whatever. The heightened expectations makes each failure more of an insult to our intelligence, as he expects us to swallow more crap. I dont know Id believe The Times forecasts particularly. Certainly it is reliable on fact checks etc, but its views are closely aligned with the Tories.