Truck Curtains

Hello all

I have today put curtains in truck, nothing fancy just plain with better blackout, my question is and I know this may be a thick question too but does the blackout lining face inwards or outwards? I have put them up with it facing outwards and for some reason I am thinking I have it the wrong way round.

Lewy:
Hello all

I have today put curtains in truck, nothing fancy just plain with better blackout, my question is and I know this may be a thick question too but does the blackout lining face inwards or outwards? I have put them up with it facing outwards and for some reason I am thinking I have it the wrong way round.

Rough side faces the road

:laughing:

I don’t know if there’s a right or wrong answer but personally I’d have it on the inside. The lining is usually in between the 2 layers of material but sounds like you’ve cheaped out and you only have a single layer of curtain material?

Surely the more important questions here are: are they frilly and do they have tassles that you can twiddle?

Hi Mick

must admit i think they do look cheap, not clued up at all if I am honest as still a newbie but if you could recommend a place where I can get better as would prefer lining to be in between 2 layers?

No frillys or tassles on the cheapos I have haha

Lewy:
Hi Mick

must admit i think they do look cheap, not clued up at all if I am honest as still a newbie but if you could recommend a place where I can get better as would prefer lining to be in between 2 layers?

No frillys or tassles on the cheapos I have haha

I don’t do nights out unless something goes ■■■■ up in our factory and I have to take the product to another site, so I just run with the standard fit curtains that the truck comes with. It’s going back a long time now but in the truck mags there was a women who used to make and sell truck curtains but no idea if she’s still at it. Maybe the tramper drivers on here will know. Try looking on UK ebay and amazon sites for truck curtains and I’d imagine you’ll get some hits.

If your curtains do the job you need them to do then who cares what they look like.

And don’t forget the unwritten ‘rule’ about using aftermarket curtains : you must have them fully pulled across each of your side windows when driving down the road, only leaving a 12" square of the front lower corner of the window unobscured so that you can still see the bottom 1" of your mirrors to check for traffic. Ensuring that the nearside kerb mirror is fully obscured by the curtain is a must. I mean, who needs that mirror anyway? It’s only there for noobs and the pro’s are too pro to need it.

I am a tramper so like things to be perfect thanks to my ocd with things and to be honest not happy with just having a single layer and seeing that lining after unpacking it today, does look cheap to be honest. I have come across a wedsite called sleepeasycurtains and she is called Suzi so that might be the one but really do want 2 layers as I know it will bug me, also a place called Harrison Trims so be nice to get some advice as I just ordered the ones i have got without asking anyone and also because I was a little tipsy :laughing:

Like I said relatively new to driving and like to pointed in the right direction

Mick Bracewell:
And don’t forget the unwritten ‘rule’ about using aftermarket curtains : you must have them fully pulled across each of your side windows when driving down the road, only leaving a 12" square of the front lower corner of the window unobscured so that you can still see the bottom 1" of your mirrors to check for traffic. Ensuring that the nearside kerb mirror is fully obscured by the curtain is a must. I mean, who needs that mirror anyway? It’s only there for noobs and the pro’s are too pro to need it.

:laughing: :laughing:

Lewy:
I am a tramper so like things to be perfect thanks to my ocd with things and to be honest not happy with just having a single layer and seeing that lining after unpacking it today, does look cheap to be honest. I have come across a wedsite called sleepeasycurtains and she is called Suzi so that might be the one but really do want 2 layers as I know it will bug me, also a place called Harrison Trims so be nice to get some advice as I just ordered the ones i have got without asking anyone and also because I was a little tipsy :laughing:

Like I said relatively new to driving and like to pointed in the right direction

You will pay a fortune to get decent curtains made by a professional.
Does your Mrs/girlfriend/auntie/nan/ or all 4 not have a sewing machine?
Go to the local market, buy some decent material, and get her to knock you a set up, (tassels and frills optional :smiley: ) to your own spec, much cheaper and maybe even a better job.

My Mrs made me some way back in 2003 :open_mouth: , real thick good quality ones, they have been in quite a few trucks over the years, and I still use them today…even if they are getting a bit faded now.

On that note,.and just to continue the ‘Housewifenet’ theme, :smiley: …A question.

Can you buy any type of spray on die or colouring for curtain material, to restore the colour?
Thanks ladies. :wink: :laughing:

Our local hardware shop sells the dye. Chuck the curtains in the wash machine,bung in the dye and job done

SWEDISH BLUE:
Our local hardware shop sells the dye. Chuck the curtains in the wash machine,bung in the dye and job done

Depending on the material whether or not it’ll be very successful.
If material is faded unevenly then the new colour will not “even out” the colour difference unless it’s a very deep colour. It’s like putting a thin paint on an unevenly coloured undercoat: the base shows through.
.copyright. MumsNet

And Martha Stewart site suggests bleaching fabric before dying. That’ll even out the fade, but will old material survive such treatment?

Don’t forget you must almost press pleats into the curtains so they “sit right” whilst blocking most of your view out the side windows :laughing:

SWEDISH BLUE:

Don’t be ridiculous man, it will ruin the washing machine. :unamused:

(:idea: Lightbulb moment, Thinks…‘‘Hmmm, the washing machine is getting old now,.and if it did ruin it,.that is her Christmas present solved, she would absolutely LOVE that’’ :bulb: and will be even better than the deep fat fryer I bought her last year.

.God I’m good. :sunglasses:

Apart from that, these curtains are not just any old crappy curtains you know…, they are full on ‘‘Poofy chique’’.
Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen has the identical ones in his boudoir, that is how impressive these babies are.!!
Indigo bordering on Navy, with a ivory fringe on the curtains behind the seat,.and ivory tassels on the side for that classic ‘Peek a boo trucker’ look. :sunglasses:
So if dyed the fringes and tassels will also end up blue. :open_mouth: …OMG ! think of the trauma.
They are the full ‘‘Turkish brothel’’ ‘‘mysterious trucker’’ themed business…, and dye will simply ruin them : :unamused: …I’ve got my image and reputation to think of you know. :sunglasses:

:wink: :unamused: :laughing:

robroy:

SWEDISH BLUE:

Don’t be ridiculous man, it will ruin the washing machine. :unamused:

(:idea: Lightbulb moment, Thinks…‘‘Hmmm, the washing machine is getting old now,.and if it did ruin it,.that is her Christmas present solved, she would absolutely LOVE that’’ :bulb: and will be even better than the deep fat fryer I bought her last year.

.God I’m good. :sunglasses:

Apart from that, these curtains are not just any old crappy curtains you know…, they are full on ‘‘Poofy chique’’.
Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen has the identical ones in his boudoir, that is how impressive these babies are.!!
Indigo bordering on Navy, with a ivory fringe on the curtains behind the seat,.and ivory tassels on the side for that classic ‘Peek a boo trucker’ look. :sunglasses:
So if dyed the fringes and tassels will also end up blue. :open_mouth: …OMG ! think of the trauma.
They are the full ‘‘Turkish brothel’’ ‘‘mysterious trucker’’ themed business…, and dye will simply ruin them : :unamused: …I’ve got my image and reputation to think of you know. :sunglasses:

:wink: :unamused: :laughing:

Buy the Missus a washing machine for Crimbo, an iron for her birthday,
…and pay for a divorce lawyer later!

^^^^^^
Nah she know’s when she’s well off man.
I mean, how could she do any better than me eh? :sunglasses:
It’s like she won the lottery. :laughing:

robroy:
It’s like she won the lottery. :laughing:

I guess it depends on if she won £2.5 million or £2.50 :wink:

… is that my taxi …

peirre: