Pros and cons of cage work

trevHCS:
On nights front, it’s alright if you can get used to working that way round. Some can, some hate it although most will struggle to start with getting enough sleep.

26T vs 7.5 - give me the 7.5 any day. Only thing I don’t like about those is lack of a bed (although many 28T don’t have them), but as I read on here before starting, drive the smallest thing for the most money. 26T will probably either have a stupid overhang or be double axel with a stupid overhang.

Have seen people delivering them to showrooms overnight. I assume you only get access to the parts dept rather than the whole complex. Getting robbed I guess is a possibility, but if it was a regular thing the insurance companies would put a stop to this pretty sharp.

I do prefer cages to a degree if the access is reasonably level. Only done them for CO-OP and they were loaded stupidly often with nowhere to park so dragging top heavy ones along pavements, but for garages hopefully you should be able to park by the entrance and they are usually on fairly flat ground.

Ultimately I wouldn’t worry about “wasting” your licence as its simply maturing. More years = more experience rregardless of what you were driving.

My question would be - am I getting a lot more money or is the job significantly easier than what I have. If not, then I wouldn’t personally move. And by more money I would say min £11 hour nights for that. (If they offer that, do they want a second person as I get that for class 1 currently. :slight_smile: ).

dunno what the pay rate is i will ask one of the guys that does it. however im not far off that doing 7.5 tonne day work